Hats off to TenFourFox!!

Pavlos Kotronakis

21 Jun, 2021 02:45 PM

TenFourFox has been nothing short of a brilliant piece of software, pumping new life into our "obsolete" PPC machines. In fact, my Powerbook G4 is grateful; 867 Mhz and still running Tiger, I had no alternative. Safari has long ago stopped being useful in correctly rendering critical webpages, and when I discovered TenFourFox, I just got stuck. It was something like Christmas! Yes, TenFourFox has been a bit "slow" on my machine, but this is rather my machine's fault - and even if it weren't, I have just said it; simply, there was no alternative.
Sad though I may be, reading that development is about to cease, I can understand your case. Thank you really very much for investing time and sweat into such a magnificent program; we will not forget!

1. 1 Posted by Gary Lowe on 26 Jun, 2021 03:49 PM

How can I send the developer money to say thank you for letting me keep using my old machine and software.
    Thank you
    Gary Lowe

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 26 Jun, 2021 04:15 PM

That's kind of you to offer, but we don't accept donations. Money makes things complicated.

3. 3 Posted by Mike Moorhead on 15 Jul, 2021 05:54 PM

Thanks for keeping my Mac Mini 1.5GHz G4 useful.

I use 10.4 to access system 9 Classic programs, some of which which have yet to be bettered. Our reference files go back to the late 80s (System 3, 68000).

Onwards and Upwards

4. 4 Posted by Ron Carlson on 17 Jul, 2021 12:41 AM

Wanted to add thanks also. I have a G4 MDD which runs 2 apps that are too expensive to replace on a newer Mac. It works and so does TenFourFox. I appreciate your sacrifice of time and effort for the rest of us. Thank you, sir!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac