apple store

sangsa

20 Jun, 2020 09:31 AM

tenfourfox doesn't seem to be compatible with the Apple store anymore (the buying page is blank). Is there an ongoing attempt to fix this issue, or is it even possible?

Thank you,

Edmond

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 20 Jun, 2020 10:53 AM

I do see a partially blank page at (e.g.)
    https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro

They seem to require some CSS capabilities which TenFourFox doesn't support. Compare TFF vs. LWK in the screenshots.

When I scroll down I see some of the rest of the page towards the bottom. When I choose View>Page Style>No Style I see all the models available (selecting one leads me to the next page), so we do load it the content, but we cannot display it the way it's intended to.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 25 Jun, 2020 05:10 PM

Actually, I think it's a JavaScript problem. What you can also see in the No Style view is a lot of custom front-end markup that isn't being processed. The page would ordinarily make only certain portions visible after it has finished processing that markup, but since the script doesn't run, no portions appear because nothing is processed.

There are several errors on this page but I'm not sure which ones are relevant, and they are all minified to hell, which will make this hard to piece together.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac