Capacha will not load on imac g3

Thomas

27 Apr, 2020 10:59 PM

So My machines been able to properly load capacha for weeks but not ontil recently have I had problems. Because of my recent problems I have had to resort to using a special user agent from another browser known as AquaWeb which has much less features and won't download anything. Luckily using user agent switcher I was able to pull out its user agent in the prefrences.js file but for the sake of compatibility I shouldnt have to change a user agent just to use capacha. Maybe this is only my computer but I have a feeling perhaps google updated their code. Any help would be great,
Thanks and regards Thomas

1. 1 Posted by Brian J. Patter... on 28 Apr, 2020 12:27 AM

Hi. I am running FPR 21. Captcha will not load. Example page for load failure: https://www.fanfiction.net/login.php?cache=bust

Thanks in advance.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 03 May, 2020 08:01 AM

For Captchas (Google or others) in general: There are many things that can go wrong, leading to a Captcha not being displayed where there should be one. Mac too slow to compute the Captcha in time (looking at the iMac G3 in the OP), changed settings in TFF prevent the Captcha from loading, server doesn't accept the useragent, server doesn't interpret our useragent correctly, something vital is blocked by an ad blocker or a 'security suite' installed on the Mac, or never executed because of a Noscript rule, or we simply don't support the technology used for displaying the Captcha.

When I encouter this, the first thing I do is to create a fresh browser profile and see if it works there (it usually does).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 May, 2020 06:34 PM
22 May, 2020 06:41 PM
17 May, 2020 03:27 PM