Whats the New TLS / SSL Version in TFF Release 11? Control pref or any? UBlock Problems!

dunkel10

05 Jan, 2019 11:19 AM

Hello, a good year all here around, health, peace and a little rest. Questions:
- Whats the New TLS / SSL Version in TFF Release 11?
- Control prefs, modules, add-on or solution (e. g. config panel)?
- is the mozilla ssl version control 0.41 with 1.2 old and unsecure?

Theres a fancy and annoying problem with UBlock (raymond hill) - it shows NO control panel in TFF since a long time and thus at every version. Any efforts to solve for the user failed, whats this - any ideas?

thanks for all the great work and informations about this good working tool! d10

1. 1 Posted by dunkel10 on 05 Jan, 2019 11:32 AM

And how about "No Script" - i have the version 5.1.8.4 - thers no version newer available! What is an useful advice on a new version?
     I searched and tried many versions - 5.1.8.4 was useful, but its an older one 09/2018!

Please staff - help or say something about it, ok?

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! d10

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 07 Jan, 2019 05:23 PM

A happy new year to you, too.

I'll try to answer your questions but I'm not sure I understand every issue you mentioned.

- Whats the New TLS / SSL Version in TFF Release 11?

TenFourFox supports TLS 1.2 as well as TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 for legacy sites. TLS 1.3 support is being considered for a future version.

- Control prefs, modules, add-on or solution (e. g. config panel)?

Can you re-phrase this question, please, or state the problem you're having that might be solved by adding or modifying the items you mentioned?

- is the mozilla ssl version control 0.41 with 1.2 old and unsecure?

I don't know.

- Theres a fancy and annoying problem with UBlock (raymond hill) - it shows NO control panel […]

Please try the latest compatible version 1.16.4.4. You can download it from the developer's repository:
    https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases?after=1.16.16
    Look for "firefox-legacy-1.16.4.4"

- And how about "No Script" […]

The last version compatible with TenFourFox was probably 5.1.9. Download here:
    https://noscript.net/getit

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac