FPR8 “may be damaged or incomplete”?

Cubist

08 Jul, 2018 10:52 AM

I have a 1.3GHz PowerBook G4 12” (PowerBook6,4) running OS X 10.4.11. I can download the FPR8 version of TenFourFox, but I can’t run it—when I try to run it, I get the error message “You cannot open the application ‘TenFourFox7450-FPR8.app’ because it may be damaged or incomplete.”

In addition to downloading via TenFourFox, have downloaded FPR8 via the TenFourFox Downloader app. This yields the same results; FPR8 comes to my machine thru the series of tubes, but that drafted “damaged or incomplete” error message appears when I attempt to run it.

What’s up with FPR8? Is there some problem with my machine, is there a bug in FPR8, is there some other issue entirely?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 08 Jul, 2018 11:07 AM

The .zip file was probably either not downloaded completely or opened with a third-party unzip utility. Please try to re-download the .zip file, right-click, choose Open With… and then "Archive Utility" if you're on 10.5 or "BomArchiveHelper" if you're on 10.4.

2. 2 Posted by Cubist on 10 Jul, 2018 08:23 AM

Chris’ advice did the trick. I had indeed been using a third-party unzipped; when I opened up the ZIP file with BOMArchiveHelper, the unzipped app worked perfectly. Thank you, Chris!

3. Cameron Kaiser closed this discussion on 10 Jul, 2018 05:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac