RFE: Configurable download folder for TenFourFoxBox

Terrence Doyle

29 Feb, 2016 12:26 AM

The second thing I'd like to see added to TenFourFoxBox is the ability to configure the download folder. My system is configured so that the Desktop folder is on my unencrypted solid state drive. Cautious as I am about security, I'd rather not download sensitive documents, like bank and credit card statements, to the solid state drive where they can never be deleted. Instead, I'd like to download such files to the Downloads folder which is on my hard drive where Secure Empty Trash actually works. Besides, I've become accustomed to using the Downloads stack on my dock to find downloaded files. My desktop is so cluttered that I have a hard time finding them there.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 29 Feb, 2016 12:33 AM

This would require implementing a download manager. That's a fair amount of work to do from scratch, in addition to adding to the browser chrome, which would weigh down the foxbox (see my reply to your other ticket). This request -- though worthy, don't get me wrong -- I can't see implementing any time in the near future if at all.

2. 2 Posted by Terrence Doyle on 29 Feb, 2016 09:41 PM

You couldn't just make this another option in TenFourFoxBox.app? I.e., another command line value for the foxbox command?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Sep, 2017 04:54 AM
18 Sep, 2017 08:48 PM
13 Sep, 2017 09:21 PM