RFE: Save the curent web page in TenFourFoxBox

Terrence Doyle

28 Feb, 2016 11:33 PM

I recently gave TenFourFoxBox a try. The speed improvement is impressive. In fact, I created TenFourFox Support.app because I couldn't type this RFE in TenFourFox without getting a spinning beachball every couple minutes. In TenFourFox Support.app there's no spinning beachball even with TenFourFox running similtaneously.

As nice as the speed improvement is, there's a couple of things I'd really like to see added to TenFourFoxBox. The first, covered here, is to add the ability to save the current web page. I'm in the habit of saving web pages to establish that the item I received from eBay is really what I purchased or that I really did make that funds redemption from my broker (so why hasn't it shown up in my bank account, yet?). It's rather important that what's saved is faithful to the actual web page, so the FireFox/TenFourFox complete option is what I'd really like.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 29 Feb, 2016 12:29 AM

Although I can't say I've had issues with support tickets in TenFourFox with any of my systems (I use an iMac G4, an iBook G4 and a Quad G5), the reduction in features is exactly why TenFourFoxBox is faster: there is almost no browser support code of any kind. As a result, I am very reticent to add additional features, and, as candidly as I can put it, unless I started receiving a lot of support requests to add saving web pages I probably won't add this feature either. Sorry: being ruthless about what it does and doesn't support is what keeps it quick.

That said, foxboxes do have a print option. Why not print and save it to a PDF, if you just need a record?

2. 2 Posted by Terrence Doyle on 29 Feb, 2016 09:44 PM

I suppose that's a reasonable compromise.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Nov, 2017 02:53 PM
19 Nov, 2017 02:21 PM
19 Nov, 2017 02:20 PM