Thanks for Supporting web access to PPC Users!

gwkuch1

01 Nov, 2015 04:18 PM

I'm retired and am using a 15 year old Apple Pismo I upgraded years ago to a G4 processor and now a flash drive--104FX runs great and allows me to research the web. I can't thank you all enough!!

Best Regards for Continued Success,

Jerry

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 01 Nov, 2015 07:26 PM

Thanks, Jerry, that's very kind of you to say.

2. Cameron Kaiser closed this discussion on 01 Nov, 2015 07:26 PM.

3. gwkuch1 re-opened this discussion on 09 Dec, 2015 02:14 PM

4. 2 Posted by gwkuch1 on 09 Dec, 2015 02:14 PM

I also set up my dad’s Apple Pismo with a SSD and gave to a caregiver. It runs like an up to date laptop. She’s using it to research the web for doing her family tree. I loaded 104FX and she’s thanked me so profusely I’m embarrassed. But I’m doubly grateful to the 104FX team! I’ve got a PPC powermac desktop that’s sitting around and hope to load your browser to make it useful too.

Regards,

Jerry

5. 3 Posted by Leah on 10 Dec, 2015 02:45 AM

Hello. I also want to say a big thank-you to all you folks who create TenFourFox, it's been a life-saver! I'm not a tech or Apple expert, and am so glad I can continue to use my G5 iMac (2006) and it's all thanks to you folks. Eternally grateful, may you never falter! Cheers, Leah.

6. 4 Posted by gwkuch1 on 06 Feb, 2016 12:24 AM

Another PPC resurrected! I put a flash drive in a 450Ghz G4 Powermac "Sawtooth" to give to another wonderful caregiver who helped my late father. Much faster loading TenFourFox. Thanks to the TenFourFox Team, she's able to cruise the internet. You have really helped folks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac