which application for Youtube

HALE

26 May, 2015 08:00 AM

Just a couple of months ago, Mactubes (dowloaded from TenFourFox site) worked fine in displaying and downloading Youtube. But recently it does not support Mactubes anymore which leads to TenFourFox being of no use for displaying Youtube. Is there any other application for Power PC G4, that can take the place of Mactubes ?

1. 1 Posted by HALE on 26 May, 2015 08:05 AM

I have updated TenFourFox to the newest version lately. The problem is that no matter what version of Mactubes, this is not compatible with Youtube anymore, as the Youtube.com site says : " ... does not support Mactubes ..."

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 26 May, 2015 02:53 PM

We don't maintain, nor update, MacTubes. The MacTubes Enabler was a convenience to allow TenFourFox and MacTubes to connect, but it is very unlikely the author of MacTubes will do additional upgrades to it. Upgrading TenFourFox will not change MacTubes.

Some users are successfully using YouView instead, and the QuickTime Enabler does work for many videos as well. Also, videos that are available in WebM, which is the majority, will run and play in TenFourFox without any additional software, although a G5 is recommended for playback.

3. 3 Posted by HA LE on 26 May, 2015 02:58 PM

Thank you for feedback

4. 4 Posted by GregK on 27 May, 2015 02:15 PM

I've found a Greasemonkey script called VLCTube that seems to be working well on my 7450 G4 10.5.8
    VLC plugin for videos...how cool is that?

5. 5 Posted by HA LE on 27 May, 2015 02:27 PM

Thank you for feedback.
    This will give more life to the OS 10.4.11, from which i just lately
    downloaded the free application LibreOffice 3.4 (which is very similar to
    Microsoft Office) on my laptop G4 (suggested by another Mac Powerpc guy).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Sep, 2017 04:54 AM
18 Sep, 2017 08:48 PM
13 Sep, 2017 09:21 PM