Issue with Lulu.com

Jimm Johnson

21 May, 2020 02:10 AM

I publish POD books on the Lulu.com website, but can no longer access the site via TenFourFox. The site tries to load, but results finally in a blank broweser window.

I'm om a G5 PPC tower. I checked the site on my wife's laptop PC. It works fine for her.

Am I out of luck?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1. 1 Posted by Jimm Johnson on 21 May, 2020 02:15 AM

Also - I tried accessing the site via a FoxBox. Same result.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 22 May, 2020 02:32 AM

Unfortunately, for the time being you are indeed out of luck. Lulu seems to currently require async JavaScript functions, which TenFourFox only partially supports. Implementing this is a very large undertaking (see https://github.com/classilla/tenfourfox/issues/521 for prior failed attempts) and is not likely to occur in the short term.

3. 3 Posted by Jimm Johnson on 23 May, 2020 06:34 PM

I appreciate the info. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, are there any known or possible work-arounds (other than my wife's PC)?

4. 4 Posted by Jimm Johnson on 02 Jun, 2020 06:40 PM

Just a quick update/FYI. I installed the TenForFox upgrade (v.23) on my G5 today. Tried to access Lulu.com. The pop-up ads now appear, but everything else is still blank. Still crossing fingers for a solution or work-around. (I really don't want to use my wife's PC!)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

27 Sep, 2020 09:34 PM
27 Sep, 2020 01:16 AM
25 Sep, 2020 08:43 AM