Can't Delete URL from History

Squirrel

22 May, 2018 09:28 PM

Hello all,

Back when the Development Blog posted an article about non-latin domain names (see http://tenfourfox.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-bites-back.html), I visited the proof-of-concept website. Now, I am unable to remove that website from my History (it shows up as https://www.xn--80ak6aa92e.com/ ). I can't reproduce this issue with Firefox 60 on Windows 7.

Take care

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 23 May, 2018 04:03 AM

I can reproduce this. It happens when you visit the site with network.IDN_show_punycode = false, then set it to true and visit the site again. You now have two History entries for the same site with different URLs which are actually the same URL, only one of which can be deleted.

I finally managed to delete the remaining entry after switching the preference back and forth several times and re-visiting the site each time. There's probably a slight database glitch in places.sqlite for these cases.

2. 2 Posted by Squirrel on 23 May, 2018 05:17 PM

Changing network.IDN_show_punycode = true allowed me to delete the history entry.

Thanks

3. 3 Posted by Squirrel on 24 May, 2018 11:00 PM

I went back to Firefox 60 and played with the punycode setting and deleting History items. I was unable to get two copies of the URL to show in History. I also had no issues deleting the History entry even when I set the punycode setting to one value, visit the site, change the punycode setting back, and try to delete it.

There might be a (albet small) bug here somewhere, or my testing wasn't good enough.

Thank you

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 24 May, 2018 11:03 PM

I don't consider this a major enough issue (especially since there is a straightforward workaround) to put in the worklist, but if the relevant patch on Bugzilla is found by someone(tm), I'll see if it can be adapted to TenFourFox.

5. 5 Posted by Squirrel on 25 May, 2018 01:28 AM

I didn't find anything on Bugzilla. Might as well close this issue.

Thanks again

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Oct, 2018 04:12 PM
15 Oct, 2018 06:02 PM
13 Oct, 2018 08:46 PM