almost too slow - I'm sorry

classicmac

10 Dec, 2017 12:19 AM

For all the great people at TenFourFox, all the wonderful programmers and developers who make it possible for all of us to continue using our PowerPC Macs instead of lining landfills with them, thank you so very much for TenFourFox. My problem is TenFourFox seems to be getting slower and slower, even with the latest 4.1 version. And I have last PPC PowerBook ever made: a late 2005 17" 1.67 Ghz Hi-Definition PowerBook G4 running OS X 10.5.8 and maxed out to 2Gb of Ram and a custom 7000 rpm high-speed 100Mb Seagate hd and I use TenFourFox 4.1 7450. I'm sorry to say that I've had many times that I've actually had to quit TenFourFox and reload it because it would hang on all kinds of webpages. Is there anything we all to make it faster or perhaps put in a request for a faster TenFourFox?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 10 Dec, 2017 05:50 AM

Since your report seems to be that the browser isn't useable for you anymore under really any circumstances, I don't know what I can offer you. "Just make TenFourFox faster" isn't really a specific enough or reproduceable enough report for me to do anything with. For the record, I'm typing this reply to you in TenFourFox right now.

As you are running Leopard, perhaps Leopard Webkit would serve you better.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac