Facebook "like" causes lockup

Shelby

14 Nov, 2017 06:05 PM

If I hover over the "like" icon on a FB post, when the icon options window tries to open, the application locks up and I get the pinwheel of death. It does this every time with no exceptions. But if I click "like" fast enough that the options window does not open up, it registers the like and does not crash. So it is the launching of the options bubble that causes the crash. I tried fresh install of your app no change. G5 dual 1.8 OS10.5.8 TenFour 4.0

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 15 Nov, 2017 04:16 PM

Shelby, I haven't seen this on Facebook at all, and we have received no additional complaints about this specific issue yet. If the browser locks up every time you choose from the different 'like' options on Facebook (what you're seeing is not a crash per se), then there is something wrong with your installation or user account of TenFourFox. Note that re-installing the app alone does not change the user account, which stores your preferences, settings and add-ons.

If you really use TenFourFox version 4.0 (we are at version 45.13 a/k/a/ FPR 4), first please update to the latest version here:
    http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/

Go to Tools>Add-ons, disable all add-ons and re-start the browser. Then go to Preferences>Advanced>Network>Cached Web Content and click 'clear now'. Then try again on Facebook.

2. 2 Posted by shelbyism on 15 Nov, 2017 04:19 PM

Sorry for confusing you. I do have the latest version installed. So
    the problem must be something else. I have not tried a clean install
    of the OS and rather not. Is there system extensions to try removing?
    (not browser extensions). The problem is real. :(

3. 3 Posted by shelbyism on 15 Nov, 2017 04:27 PM

Also when you say it's not a crash (I understand) but it chokes the
    browser and gives the pinwheel and won't stop... it requires a command
    escape application and a reboot. But it's not a crash.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 15 Nov, 2017 04:44 PM

No problem :-) You don't need to re-install your OS or remove system extension. Just do the steps for TenFourFox I mendtioned in the final paragraph of my answer and report back, please.

5. 5 Posted by shelbyism on 15 Nov, 2017 05:32 PM

Clearing the browser cache fixed it.

Amazing! and frustrating.

Ty :)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Nov, 2017 02:53 PM
19 Nov, 2017 02:21 PM
19 Nov, 2017 02:20 PM