can't upgrade to tenfourfox 45

Luke Spillane

07 Mar, 2017 04:38 PM

Hi there, I've been using tenfourfox for the past year and it's been great.. thanks for your hard work to revive the mac! The only issue I have is upgrading to the new 45 version. I get reminders that I've clicked many times but seem to just go round in circles on the website. I eventually the other day re-downloaded the mac G5 version of tenfourfox45 which is what I'm running ( my machine is 2.3ghz dual core, 8GB ram) and re-installed it.
I thought I was on the latest but then the reminders to upgrade to 45 are still appearing. Any advice?

Also does tenfourfox play HTML5 videos? It's always played youtube vids fine until today when its come up with a message saying 'your browser does not recognise any of the video formats available, click to ask about html5.

thanks Luke

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 07 Mar, 2017 05:13 PM

Hello Luke, click TenFourFox>About TenFourFox in the Menu bar. Does it say 45.8.0?

TenFourFox plays web.m HTML5 video, which means it will play about everything on Youtube. It doesn't play H.264 HTML5 video. For some Youtube videos uploaded less than a few hours ago you may need to wait a bit until Youtube has finished encoding them to web.m. If the browser doesn't play any Youtube video, something is clearly wrong with your installation. Please check on the version first, then we'll see what can be done.

2. 2 Posted by First Nameluke ... on 08 Mar, 2017 11:39 AM

Hi Chris, right yeah the version of tenfourfox is 45.7.0. After what you said the YouTube videos were recent uploads that I was testing on the Mac so that could explain it. I guess I'm pretty much upto date then?

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 17:13
     Subject: Re: can't upgrade to tenfourfox 45 [Problems #8374]

#yiv2585525102 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv2585525102 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 08 Mar, 2017 04:27 PM

Almost :-) You should update to 45.8.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac