* i am having the same\similar problem with 45.6.0. it downloaded, but i also got a message that the file did not 'decompress'. [??} still, i had a zip file, so tried to open it. however, got another message that said 'unable to unarchive to desktop' - error 1 - operation not permitted. i generally give up after a couple tries and wait until the next revision or two or three, which usually unzips ok.
* don't know what is going on.
* i amusing an imac-g5-ilife-ppc - 1.5gb ram - safari 5.0.6 - os x 10.5.8. i tried to download using 45.5.0, but it would not even open the zip file, if it even downloaded.
* thanks. \\ tom scaletta
* i had the same problem with an earlier version of tenfoourfox. although i have bookmarked >yahoo.com<, the site which actually shows up is >br.yahoo.com<. even if i delete that address and click or write in the correct one, it still goes to the br.yahoo.com address.
* i have gone through the tenfour preferences and i do not find anything that i can change to not allow tenfour to use my physical location, as i know some sites can do that and it's usually a user option.
* an earlier solution was to use >us.yahoo.com< which i have entered in preferences as my home page when i open tenfour. however, it only works once in awhile, usually indicating the site cannot be found. if i manually enter it, it does go there, more often than not.
* any other suggestions? i feel like i am missing something in the preferences for tenfour. i have even checked the preferences for my imac g5 and did not find that location option there - or didn't recognize it!
* thanks for your help again. regards. \\ tom scaletta
Actually I too have the same problem: using TFF fpr13,downloads of FPR14 from sourceforge mirrors never start, if it starts, after a minute fails. TFF downloader too always fails because of error 54 checsum invalid!! I use a PPC G4 7450 with internet key at 300 KB/sec