Guy, Yahoo pages have indeed become very heavy lately. The
problem is that it is rarely one single script that's the problem,
but a large number of simultaneous ones competing for execution
resources. There isn't a whole lot I can suggest there currently.
It's not very fast even on my i7 MacBook Air.
Thanks for the input. What happens with my Tenfourfox is that I never get the dialog box, just the beachball of death. But I remember seeing something somewhere where I could adjust the time-out for putting up the box, and then see if I can get it to show and then do Zi's suggestion where I go into debug mode. Cumbersome, yes, but better than nuking 10-4. Thanks again.
Hi all, I did the first thing where I set the value to zero - seemed to help a bit. But then I looked at the Ad blockers I had installed. Bingo. Turned both of them off and at least as far as Yahoo is concerned, much better performance. Seems like Yahoo has figured out how to test for the presence of these ad blockers. BTW, I was useing Ublock and Adblock without adjusting any of their settings. I think Ublock was automatically updated, but in either case, Yahoo is working much better.