on 31 Aug, 2015 12:44 AM
thru trial and error ...
1. When you see the message " your download has started, wait until
that message changes to Completed !
2. Don't click on anything yet.
3. Look at the TenForFox icon in your dock. It will have a tiny
"download progess bar".
4. Wait for it to finish. Even with Comcast broadband 60MB download
speeds it takes a few minutes.
5. MOST IMPORTANT: now Quit TenForFox either from the menu dropdown
bar or right-click on it's dock-icon.
6. Now Click on the Save File to: desktop.
7. You will see it unarchive itself.
8. Drag it into your Finder/Applications folder.
9. Make sure you delete the previous icon there. If it asks you
replace the older version with the newer version, say Yes.
10. That should do. Good luck
It wasn't working exactly as you described, but, I was able to reason it
out to compensate for the differences. It was thinking it was
downloaded when it wasn't. It wasn't showing the progress icons, just
going right to the green completion arrow and showing the icons on the
desktop. I kept putting the new ones in the Trash and emptying it, then
starting all over. After about 3 or 4 tries, it suddenly showed the
progress icons as you said, and it did take a little time the way it
usually does. (I never noticed the progress icon on the dock icon
before!) Then I quit with the dock icon and put the old ones in the
Trash (I still had the 31.8.0 fox and zip icons, too—just in case).
Everything worked fine after that, and I'm back to the green up to date
Thank you very much! I will keep your instructions in a text document
for the next time it happens!
Sorry you had issues with downloading the browser. SourceForge
is not always great about downloads, but given that TenFourFox
users download about 20GB of data a month, we don't have a lot of
other choices in free hosting.
Since the issue is now resolved, I will close the ticket. No
reply is needed; if you do reply, the ticket will automatically