webMail display problem

Neil

07 Aug, 2015 03:49 AM

my hosting supplier 1and1 has "upgraded" their webMail system and TenFourFox 31.9.0 does not display the controls but Safari 4.1.3 displays the controls properly. Does anyone know how to solve this problem wo TenFourFox can be used to access the webMail from 1and1?
Computer is PPC G5 running OS-X 10.4.11 (needed to run Classic programs which have no replacements for 10.5+)
Attached are files showing TenFourFox screen shot and Safari screen shot of the same webMail account.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 09 Aug, 2015 11:01 AM

Hello Neil, it looks like they're using UTF characters as icons, and TenFourFox can't display the font. If you click on the little squares with "F15B" (etc.) in them, does anything happen?

I have some ideas but need to do some testing which may take a while.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 09 Aug, 2015 11:28 AM

Hm, all I can test here is the German version which works on both TFF 31 and the new TFF 38. You seem to have so many add-ons and customizations that it's probably best to try the webmailer with a completely fresh user profile (quit TFF & temporarily move the Firefox folder out of your user Library/Application Support).

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 09 Aug, 2015 09:08 PM

Something is indeed blocking loading the font (that's the only way those little boxes would appear).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• defective_1_1_webMail.png 306 KB
  • safari_1_1_webMail.png 211 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac