Can't download newest update (31.8.0) on my G4 7450 - Help!

se_floyd

25 Jul, 2015 03:35 AM

Correction: the latest update (that i'm unable to download) is 31.8.0...

Jul 24, 2015 @ 10:19 PM

I've tried over 10 times to download the latest update version .......8 & it keeps telling me that my download will start shortly takes me to the download page & when i click on 7450 then it does not download. I even tried it in safemode & it still doesn't download. I've read how to "reset" tenfourfox which tells you to click on the "reset" button but have been unable to locate any "reset" button.

I've been using tenfourfox over the last 1-2, or more years, & have always been able to download the updates. I really appreciate all the work that's been put into it & want to thank everyone who's helped with it.

Please get back to me as soon as you can as I use my G4 (with tenfourfox, of course) to do most of my searching as it is more effective, faster & more dependable than my new microsoft laptop in that capacity!

Thank you for your prompt response. Keep up the great work!

Sincerely,
sfloyd

1. 1 Posted by Mark on 25 Jul, 2015 06:58 AM

I'm having exact same problem, but here none of the versions are downloading and I cannot find an alternative to sourceforge. When clicking the download link for latest G5 (31.8.0 stable) build it just reloads the same page even though initially it looks like its downloading.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tenfourfox/files/

Anywhere else I can find this build other than sourceforge

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 25 Jul, 2015 08:41 AM

Hello sfloyd, hello Mark, I just downloaded 31.8.0 from SF without a problem. However, SF is known to be a bit slow sometimes or to abort downloads or otherwise not function correctly. My only advice is to try again later.

3. 3 Posted by Dorian Gray on 30 Jul, 2015 12:42 PM

Hi,

just a guess: Maybe it would help to delete all cookies which have been downloaded from SF and then reload the page. Also, you may need to delete the cash of your browser (it may contain data which is no longer accurate).

cu
    Dorian

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

24 Aug, 2019 08:37 AM
22 Aug, 2019 10:51 PM
22 Aug, 2019 10:44 PM