slow or frozen

Mat

02 Jun, 2015 12:30 AM

Hello from Berlin

It runs slowly on My G5 Quad when i have opened more than 5 windows.
And (the bigger problem) some adsites open a dialog in the middle of the window that ask me, want to leave or to stay on this side. When this dialog has open the browser is dead. You can click where ever you want or press enter, the browser is like frozen.

Please can you help me. Thank you, Mat.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 02 Jun, 2015 07:20 PM

Hello Mat, general 'slowness' is hard to troubleshoot. I use 20 tabs or more regularly on my PowerBook G4 and don't find TFF too slow to work with. It all depends on the websites you use.

Your second problem is something I have experienced as well occasionally, but I don't have a solution to it except force-quitting the browser, or disabling JavaScript for that domain. It sometimes happens on Facebook when I want to close a tab or navigate away from a page with unsent messages or posts. Usually I can click "leave page" or "stay on page", but sometimes none of the buttons on the overlay is clickable. I haven't found a way to reproduce it yet.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac