Can't export "Bookmark All Tabs"

Peter

06 Dec, 2013 06:49 PM

I like to copy my bookmarks to a flash drive and use them later on my PowerBook. When saving as "Bookmark All Tabs" the bookmark menu shows all tabs in the saved Folder. When I export the Bookmarks (only to the desktop), only the Title of the saved Folder (Bookmark All Tabs) is exported without all the saved tabs. So, I can not use it later on my PowerBook since all Tabs are lost. The black DataVault, {Folder Name}, LH usw, Good Reader usw Annotate had many tabs inside and are now lost. Saving single tabs works.
Thank you

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 07 Dec, 2013 01:28 AM

Which version is this? I am not able to replicate this problem with 24.1 or 24.2 (in testing).

If your bookmarks do not contain anything confidential, you could attach the exported Bookmark file so I can examine it.

2. 2 Posted by Peter P Czakans... on 09 Dec, 2013 01:52 AM

Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 7:28 PM
    To: Peter P Czakanski
    Subject: Re: Can't export "Bookmark All Tabs" [Problems #506]

// Sorry to reply so late and thank you for your prompt reply. I am using TFFox 17.0.11 on a Quicksilver PowerPC G4 800Mhz. I will try to create a Bookmark File tomorrow and send it to you but I might just try 24.1 or 24.2. I really appreciate your work and like the browser but I have been living with this for several months now (and in fact wrote in once already it was gone for a while after I deleted a file like recommended, I do not remember which one. but it came back) and using WebKit because of it. Thank you very much for your help. Peter

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 09 Dec, 2013 02:42 AM

24.2.0 will become live on Monday, or you can try it early: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tenfourfox/files/

4. 4 Posted by Peter P Czakans... on 10 Dec, 2013 05:54 PM

Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2013 8:43 PM

Hi Cameron, So I installed 24.2.0 and experienced the same, no change. Then I started a new profile on 24.2.0 and tried to export bookmarks with a folder with many tabs and it worked fine (see: 1bookmarks) later, to confirm, I did again export bookmarks (see: 2bookmarks) and again it only exported the titles of the folders with several tabs. Please help/advise, since it is otherwise working perfectly. Thank you, Peter

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 11 Dec, 2013 02:35 PM

I can't reproduce it either. Weird.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 11 Dec, 2013 02:46 PM

Peter, I assume that the "Profile switcher" and "Profile switching" are the "bad" folders in 2bookmarks.html. Looking at the generated bookmarks HTML, the individual bookmarks are there, but they have no page title. This is clearly wrong, but I don't know why. However, I don't see these folders in 1bookmarks.html. Did they work there too?

7. 7 Posted by Peter P Czakans... on 11 Dec, 2013 03:30 PM

Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:46 AM

// Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes those are the 2 bad ones. "1Bookmarks" is the first export after I installed 24.2.0 and did the new profile and then there was just this one Folder with several tabs. So after I have seen it worked fine I did
    two more Folders ("Bookmark all tabs") with several tabs inside 2 hours later just to confirm it worked, only to see that it did not, again. It exported only the two titles ( Profile switching usw, and Profile switcher usw best add ons) without the tabs inside like the first exported bookmarks. They show up in the bookmarks menu just fine also if I open "Show all bookmars". Thank you very much, Peter
    =================================================

Peter, I assume that the "Profile switcher" and "Profile switching" are the "bad" folders in 2bookmarks.html. Looking at the generated bookmarks HTML, the individual bookmarks are there, but they have no page title. This is clearly wrong, but I don't know why. However, I don't see these folders in 1bookmarks.html. Did they work there too?

On Wed, Dec 11 at 02:35 PM, Chris (chtrusch) wrote:

I can't reproduce it either. Weird.

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Can't export "Bookmark All Tabs" <https://tenfourfox.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/506-cant-export-bookmark-all-tabs> .

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 11 Dec, 2013 11:43 PM

In the Library window, go to the star icon and select Backup... to save the bookmarks to a JSON backup. Please post that file so I can see the details of the bookmarked tabs. I can't determine if there's something unusual about your bookmarked tabs from the two files you've posted.

9. 9 Posted by Peter P Czakans... on 12 Dec, 2013 01:57 AM

Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:43 PM

// I will, but I can get to the Mac only tomorrow. Thank you, Peter

10. 10 Posted by Peter P Czakans... on 12 Dec, 2013 02:32 PM

Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:43 PM

// Hi Cameron, here I am sending you the .json file. Thank you. Peter

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Picture_1.png 15.5 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac