Gmail Sign in Failure

M Shahan

23 Nov, 2013 06:21 PM

I can no longer sign into my gmail account. After I enter my password and click sign in, the screen flashes and asks for my password again. I can sign in from Safari on my Imac G5 (running system 10.4.11) or from Firefox on my wife's Intel Imac. I initially thought this failure was due to upgrading to TenFourFox 17.0.10 because it first happened immediately after upgrading to 17.0.10 from 17.0.8 but reverting to 17.0.8 has not cured the problem. I have cleared my cache and cookies, restarted TenFour Fox in safe mode, and rebooted TenFourFox and the system multiple times. I have not yet reset my profile. I am begining to think this is a Gmail problem. Any thoughts?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 23 Nov, 2013 06:39 PM

Are you sure you're not typing in some other keyboard layout in TenFourFox, e.g. US Extended vs. US? The keyboard layout can be assigned per application. Some (special) characters may be in different positions.

2. 2 Posted by M Shahan on 23 Nov, 2013 07:40 PM

Absolutely sure. The keyboard layout (US) is the same in TenFourFox and Safari. Furthermore, I am not using any characters that would be in different positions between the US and US extended layouts.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 23 Nov, 2013 07:42 PM

I am able to sign into both my Gmail accounts normally. 17.0.x is due to end support very shortly. Does 24.1.0 do the same thing for you?

Are you certain an add-on is not interfering or have you blocked any cookies from Google on accident?

4. 4 Posted by M Shahan on 24 Nov, 2013 02:14 AM

Problem solved. Somehow, www.google.com got on my exceptions list but some cookies were still being accepted because new cookies showed up after I deleted my google cookies. Thanks for the tip. I wouldn't have thought to check my exceptions given that cookies appeared to still be being accepted.

5. 5 Posted by M Shahan on 24 Nov, 2013 02:31 AM

Problem solved. Somehow, www.google .com got on my exceptions list but I was still receiving some cookies because cookies reappeared after I deleted my google cookies. Thanks for the tip. I wouldn't have thought to check my exceptions given that I appeared to still be receiving google cookies.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 24 Nov, 2013 05:09 PM

Your messages were caught in our sometimes overprotective spam filter. Sorry about that. But glad to hear your problem is solved. I'll close this ticket, just re-open it if you have any further questions about the topic.

7. Chris (chtrusch) closed this discussion on 24 Nov, 2013 05:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac