Unable to download TenFourFox7450-17.0.10...

C. Hardin

08 Nov, 2013 03:15 AM

After attempting to download the latest version of TenFourFox after five times, I feel there must be an error in the code siince I only receive 5.6 MB before the application download shuts down.

I have a G4 eMac with a 7450 CPU that runs at 800 MHz with 768 MB of SDRAM. After many attempts to download this update, it always stops at 5.6 MB which is quite frustrating. I've checked out the CPU and have tested both my software and hardware which appear to have no problem at all. I do use dial up, but haven't had any problems downloading previous versions of TenFourFox. I also had AT&T check my phone line recently and no problems were found. And as you can see by the tiff file included, I cannot unarchive because the download quits soon after the download proceeds.

If anybody has a solution, I would appreciate feedback on the problem. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 08 Nov, 2013 03:26 AM

Although I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're having, I haven't received any other reports, and the download count for 17.0.10-7450 is not abnormally low (the current count of downloads for that specific build is 3,600 downloads, which is about right for this point in the release cycle). Are you able to get any of the other versions? Your machine can run the 7400 version also, although it will not run quite as well.

For 24.2, we will be moving to SourceForge for downloads, which may change things for you.

2. 2 Posted by BJ on 18 Nov, 2013 05:12 PM

Over the past two months, I have tried fourteen times to download TenFourFox7450-17.0.7, 17.0.9, 17.0.10 and 17.0.11, starting from the FloodGap site and starting from the Code.Google site. The download has never completed. This morning I got fragments of 5.9 MBs and 5.7 MBs.

I am browsing with Safari 5.0.6 on a Quicksilver 2002 933 MHz with 1.5 GBs RAM, operating with system 10.5.8. Yes, my internet connection is only a dial-up modem, but my internet access was uninterrupted throughout these many download attempts, and I have successfully downloaded other, larger files.

I am not here to complain, only to confirm that the experience C. Hardin has had is not unique. Thank you.

3. 3 Posted by Billy Y.. on 23 Nov, 2013 06:38 AM

If you guys would like to give it a try, I've put a copy on my web site -

http://MIX.COM/TenFourFox7450-17.0.11.app.zip

The error message C. Hardin included concerns unzipping the file, but if you don't have the whole thing, then unzipping will fail. Do either of you see any error reported in the Downloads window of your web browser when trying to get the file from Google?

4. 4 Posted by BJ on 07 Dec, 2013 04:06 PM

The download from MIX.COM did indeed complete!

Thank you, it was very kind of you to bother.

Then, to answer your question, I did not get any error messages in my numerous unsuccessful attempts to download TenFourFox. My browser would download 4.9 MBs and then just stop, completely satisfied that it had done what I had asked it to do. I never even tried to unzip the 4.9 MB packages, when I knew what I needed was a 23 MB package.

Again, thank you for your personal attention to this issue. I was not asking for or expecting a solution to this problem, but you have indeed delivered one. I am most grateful. -BJ

5. 5 Posted by BhikkhuJ on 07 Dec, 2013 04:22 PM

The download from MIX.COM did indeed complete!

Thank you, it was very kind of you to bother.

Then, to answer your question, I did not get any error messages in my
    numerous unsuccessful attempts to download TenFourFox. My browser would download
    4.9 MBs and then just stop, completely satisfied that it had done what I had
    asked it to do. I never even tried to unzip the 4.9 MB packages, when I
    knew what I needed was a 23 MB package.

Again, thank you for your personal attention to this issue. I was not
    asking for or expecting a solution to this problem, but you have indeed delivered
    one. I am most grateful.

-BJ

6. 6 Posted by Christopher Har... on 07 Dec, 2013 08:01 PM

On 12/7/13 11:07 AM, "BJ"
    <[email blocked]> wrote:
    Thanks....I¹ll give it a try. - C. Hardin

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• TenFourFoxerror_01.tiff 117 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

04 Dec, 2019 04:47 PM
04 Dec, 2019 07:39 AM
22 Nov, 2019 03:13 AM