unable to "save" any html page in TenFourFox 17.x - menu item stopped working

Stratis Georgiou

05 Nov, 2013 08:04 AM

After "upgrading" to TenFourFox 17 my "save" command for html pages stopped working! If I want to save a page, my only resort is to print to pdf, but that loses link functionality etc. Regular downloading for other files works fine, though. I have waited for updates hoping the problem would be fixed, but we are now on the 10th update and the problem persists. I work on a Powerbook DVI Titanium 867MHz, running 10.4.11
Just to mention that Safari and Firefox (3.6) on the same machine save pages normally.

1. 1 Posted by Stratis Georgio... on 05 Nov, 2013 08:25 AM

I eventually troubleshooted the problem myself, and will let everybody know about. The troublemaker was a plugin, "Mozilla archive format 3.0" which I happened to install at the same time. After unistalling plugin, "save" functionality returned to TenFourFox.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 05 Nov, 2013 02:32 PM

I assume you meant an add-on. Both plugins and add-ons can cause issues with the browser, but add-ons can adversely affect functionality, especially add-ons intended for earlier versions of Firefox. I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

I will close this trouble ticket. No reply is necessary. If you have something further related to this issue, just reply and the trouble ticket will automatically be reopened.

3. Cameron Kaiser closed this discussion on 05 Nov, 2013 02:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac