Uncompressing the update

Laurent

17 Oct, 2013 06:46 AM

Hello. Many thanks for your work.
A warning for other users : don't try to expand the update (actual and earlier) with Keka. The app will be said corrupted or incomplete.
I used StuffitExpander instead and everything worked fine.
Keep tenny. :-)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 17 Oct, 2013 08:49 AM

Laurent, you're right: Some third party unzip utilities can corrupt application files.

If you want to play it safe, we always recommend to use the built-in archive tool Mac OS X provides. Right-click the downloaded .zip file, choose Open With… and then "Archive Utility" if you're on 10.5 or "BomArchiveHelper" if you're on 10.4.

Stuffit Expander is also fine, I have versions from 7 to 15 installed on different computers, and they all work if they're OS X native.

2. 2 Posted by vincent on 21 Oct, 2013 04:30 PM

hi, using G5 power pc mac os x version 10.5.8 just up grade to tenfourfox 17.0.9 how
    can i find out if i am runing this update please.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 21 Oct, 2013 04:52 PM

I'm not sure I understand the question.
    To check which version you're on, choose "About TenFourFox" from the application menu. You can also "Check for Updates…" in the same menu to see if a new version is available. To check if you're up to date, visit http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/start .

4. 4 Posted by VINCENT MCFARLA... on 21 Oct, 2013 06:58 PM

Thanks for that chris bit of a num head when first accessing the mac set up
    some what different from pc. I had only to select the version required which i had down loaded to start the correct emulation, once again thanks for the the response.

5. Chris (chtrusch) closed this discussion on 18 Nov, 2013 01:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac