TenFourFox (17.0.5) Sync error

Billy

02 Apr, 2013 10:57 AM

Hello!

So this has been an increasing problem for me using TenFourFox on my PowerMac G4, Sync sometimes works, and sometimes it doesnt. Here are the errors i receive most of the time:

"Sync encountered an error while syncing: Incorrect account name or password."

"Sync encountered an error while syncing: Unknown error."

I have made sure the credentials are correct, i even reset my password a few times. I am confident nobody is hacking into my sync account. I've even tried completely wiping all trace of TenFourFox from my system, repairing permissions too and then putting it back and setting it up again but that doesnt work either.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 05 Apr, 2013 03:01 PM

The fact that it is intermittent strongly suggest something on Mozilla's end, but this isn't enough information for me to diagnose the problem. If there are specific situations under which it occurs, that might lend a clue.

2. 2 Posted by Billy on 06 Apr, 2013 12:10 AM

Now it is happening all the time, every time i start TenFourFox now, a sync error appears. This doesnt happen on Firefox on any of my intel machines, they all sync fine.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 06 Apr, 2013 12:14 AM

I'm not a regular user of Sync, but it appears to work normally here (I just tested it). Are your Intel machines also 17.0.5?

If they are, we'll have to see if others have a similar problem; I can't replicate it on my own machine.

4. 4 Posted by Billy on 07 Apr, 2013 11:06 AM

All my Intel machines are actually running Firefox 20.0 and Sync never fails there.

Thats how im sure the "Incorrect account name or password" sync error that my PPC machine running TenFourFox is bogus.

There isnt even any entries in console relating to this.

5. 5 Posted by FarmerBob on 05 Dec, 2013 08:01 AM

Just added a third machine and wanted to sync it with two others. Sync totally TRASHED everything. Everything is rearranged, if not erased 70% of my bookmarks. Had them backed up and the backup won't load. There use to be a great sync add-on that just disappeared and it beat the built-in sync hands down. Now I have a monumental mess to clean up. Just might scrap it and go to Safari instead, since I'm basically starting over. The is pure crap.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 05 Dec, 2013 02:03 PM

I'm sorry this happened, but TenFourFox behaves like Firefox when synching, so it's probably not our fault. Maybe this Mozilla article helps
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-sync-troubleshooting-a...

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 05 Dec, 2013 05:32 PM

Bob, there's no need to be unpleasant. You didn't pay us for this and we're all volunteers here. Furthermore, as Chris pointed out, the sync server side is not under our control and "sync doesn't work" doesn't give us much to go on.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

10 Dec, 2019 01:14 AM
04 Dec, 2019 04:47 PM
04 Dec, 2019 07:39 AM