What happend to the highlighted link color

haugentrish

31 Dec, 2012 07:42 PM

I'm almost certain that since I started using 10.4Fox, I was getting the benefit of having any link I checked on Google change colors once it had been opened, now it just stays the same. Could I have checked something in the preference options that caused this annoying happening?

Trish

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 31 Dec, 2012 08:11 PM

Under Preferences, Content, click Colors and make sure that "Allow pages to choose their own colors..." is checked.

If it is, then you may have a stuck setting in your profile. Although visited link colour handling changed between 3.6 and 4, visited links do correctly appear in the "visited" colour in the Google search results on all our 17.0.1 systems.

As in your other support ticket, I would look at add-ons or a bad profile as the most likely cause (try restarting the browser with Option down to put it in Safe Mode, or reset your profile using the link "How to reset your profile" at the bottom of this page).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac