Can't search bookmarks

gltmailbox-tenfourfox

10 Sep, 2012 05:10 PM

Since TenFourFox 14 I haven't been able to search my bookmarks in the Library window displayed when selecting Bookmark->Show All Bookmarks
(AuroraFox exhibits the same problem. No surprise...)

This is true with all extensions disabled (Safe Mode) and all preferences reset to defaults.

If I select anything underneath the All Bookmarks tree in the window's sidebar, I initially see, in the upper pane, as normal:

Bookmarks Toolbar
Bookmarks Menu
Unsorted Bookmarks

But as soon as I type anything in the Search Bookmarks area in the toolbar, the upper pane goes blank.

The same is true in the Bookmarks sidebar

Searching through the History tree (selecting it in the sidebar) continues to work as normal.

I have not been able to reproduce this problem with corresponding versions of Firefox. But I have only been able to test regular Firefox under Windows, as I do not have an Intel-based Mac.

I am using a PowerMac G5 2.0 GHz dual cpu system running OS X 10.5.8.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 10 Sep, 2012 07:49 PM

I can comfirm the problem. It works in TFF 10.0.x and FF 15/Win XP, but not in TFF 15. Creating a fresh user profile doesn't help. I can't test it on an Intel Mac right now, either.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Cameron Kaiser on 11 Sep, 2012 05:13 AM

Please don't use Tenderapp for unstable branch issues (see the main page) because I don't want users to mistakenly believe they can use suggested steps to fix issues with unstable against 10.x stable.

That said, I can confirm this bug. It is now issue 177: http://code.google.com/p/tenfourfox/issues/detail?id=177

Please follow up there.

3. Cameron Kaiser closed this discussion on 11 Sep, 2012 05:13 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac