Can't download 24.6.0 update

Erik

25 Jun, 2014 04:03 PM

Despite being prompted to update dozens of times, now, I keep hitting the same roadblock: I go to the main download page, click on the update link, click on the download button, then I get instantly kicked back to the main download page -- no downloading begins, ever.

Thanks,

-- Erik

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 25 Jun, 2014 04:22 PM

Hello Erik, I'm a bit lost here. Can you specify the URLs for the following?
    -> "the update link" -> "the download button"

NB that downloads on the Sourceforge site begin automatially. I.e., your download will end up on the Desktop or in your Downloads folder without a notice.

2. 2 Posted by Erik on 25 Jun, 2014 04:38 PM

OK, sorry.

"the update link": http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/start/

"the download button": Can't provide URL, because hovering over the button doesn't provide one, and clicking the button instantly kicks me back to the main download page, but...

...the text next to the button says, "A newer version of TenFourFox is available!", and the button itself says, "Download the update" (it's in a dark-red field, near the top of the page which is titled, "Welcome to TenFourFox".

There is no download activity, because there is no notification of a download in progress, and nothing ends up on my desktop, which is where all downloads go.

-- E.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 25 Jun, 2014 04:52 PM

Oh, I see. Clicking the button on the dark red field should lead to http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/
    On this site, scroll down to "Download it today" and then choose your processor version.

4. 4 Posted by Erik on 25 Jun, 2014 05:19 PM

A-ha. Yes, clicking the download button in the dark red field does lead to the main download page, but because that was the page I started from, I thought I was caught in a loop.

What I've been clicking on, on the main download page, is this:

"▶▶ 24.6.0 is a security and stability update for TenFourFox. Are you up to date?"

Clicking on that takes me to the "Welcome to TenFourFox" page (with the download button in the dark red field, which in turn sends me back to where I came from, thus the 'loop effect').

Apparently, then, instead of clicking on the "Are you up to date?" link, I should've clicked on my processor version (in the section just below that), just like I did when I originally downloaded TenFourFox...?

-- E.

5. 5 Posted by Erik on 25 Jun, 2014 06:52 PM

Anyway... success!

Thanks,

-- E.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 26 Jun, 2014 08:16 AM

Good to know! I'll close this issue – if you have another qustion about this topic, just re-open.

7. Chris (chtrusch) closed this discussion on 26 Jun, 2014 08:16 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

10 Dec, 2019 01:14 AM
04 Dec, 2019 04:47 PM
04 Dec, 2019 07:39 AM