TTF 24.5.0 - G5 and weird problems.

kingkongfive2

30 Apr, 2014 09:57 AM

I get the latest version and i download it for my G5
I get recurrents freezze problems here. I try some searchs in google, and everytime i do that TTF starts to eat processor time till (TTF) freezes completly. I got problems loggin out of forums and websites too, but not navigating. I set temporary rules thru LS to free conections to TTF (Any conection allowed)

Im using a G5 with Mac OS X 10.5.8, and 2 - 1.8Ghz processors and 4 Gb ram. LittleSnitch as a background process.

My addons:

AdBlock Plus 2.5.1
AbBlock Plus PopUp addon 0.91
Element Hiding Helper For AdBlock 1.2.3
BetterPrivacy 1.68
BluHell Firewall 2.1
Clear Console 1.10
FasterFox 3.9.85
Ghostery 5.2.0
MemoryFox 7.4
NoScript 2.6.8.19
Quicktime Enabler 116
User Agent Switcher 0.7.3
FlashBlock 1.5.17
QuickJava 2.0.4
AnonymoX 2.3.2

thanks in advance

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 30 Apr, 2014 02:09 PM

Assuming this isn't a general G5 related problem, and that your iMac's hardware is healthy (ram, motherboard), the first thing I'd do is disable all add-ons and try surfing the web for a few hours to see if the problem is still there. You've got so many add-ons doing so many different things simultaneously that it's impossible to trouble-shoot without trying this first.

2. 2 Posted by kingkongfive2 on 03 May, 2014 06:46 PM

Chris: I have found the solution... erasing my profile (yep, the final solution). The problem was the AnonimoX addon on trying to auto-update. Weird thing, i ll be glad if you run some test on the add-on. Thanks for a quick response.
    (ah, im not using an iMac, this one is a pro 2005)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Chris (chtrusch... on 03 May, 2014 07:28 PM

Whoops, PowerMac… I should have guessed it from your specs.

We don't make the AnonimoX add-on, so the best place to look for help would be the developers' site. Just set the add-on to manual update until they have a fix.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac